I have been a long time Yelper. Over 1000 reviews and 2000+ photos. Today, I received a notice that I was removed from Yelp.
We recently learned about activity from your account that is inconsistent with Elite Squad values. As you know, Elite Squad members are pillars of the community and are expected to be role models for other Yelpers. While we appreciate your contributions to date, your activity with the business [business name] is in conflict with those expectations.
Under our Terms of Service (http://www.yelp.com/static?p=tos&country=US), "You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to use the Site to...compensat[e] someone or [be] compensated to write or remove a review." Specifically, you should never receive any money, goods, and/or services in exchange for writing a review.
As a result, we have closed your account. Please note that this decision is final and not appealable.
Yelp Elite Squad Messenger
If Yelp has closed your account, there are a few steps you can take to address the issue:
- Contact Yelp Support:
- Visit the Yelp Support Center or Help page on their website.
- Look for a contact or support option. This might be a form to fill out or an email address.
- Provide details about your account closure and inquire about the reasons behind it.
- Review Yelp’s Terms of Service:
- Make sure you understand Yelp’s terms of service and community guidelines. Your account may have been closed due to a violation of these terms.
- Appeal the Decision:
- If you believe the closure was a mistake or if you can rectify any issues that led to it, consider appealing the decision. Clearly and politely explain your situation and ask for reconsideration.
- Create a New Account (if appropriate):
- If your account closure is irreversible, you might need to create a new Yelp account if you wish to continue using the platform. Ensure that you comply with Yelp’s guidelines to avoid facing similar issues.
- Address the Root Cause:
- If the closure was due to a specific violation, make sure you understand what went wrong. Take steps to rectify the issue to prevent future problems.
- Social Media Reach-Out:
- Some companies are responsive to inquiries made through social media channels. Consider reaching out to Yelp via their official social media accounts with a polite and concise message explaining your situation.
- Legal Action (if necessary):
- If you believe your account was closed unfairly and you’ve exhausted all other options, you might want to consult with a legal professional to explore whether there are any legal avenues to pursue.
Remember to remain calm and professional in your communication with Yelp. If there was a misunderstanding or a violation on your part, acknowledging it and expressing your commitment to complying with their policies can go a long way in resolving the issue.